Low-Income Household Water Assistance Programs (LIHWAP) 

Get help paying your water bills

Connecticut's first Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program is now open and taking applications. Households with annual income at or below 60 percent of the state median income can qualify for this one-time water assistance benefit.

Connecticut state flag

How to apply

If you get benefits from the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program, SNAP, TFA, SSI, State Supplement, or Refugee Cash, then you likely meet the income requirements to qualify for water assistance.

Covered services include:

  • Restoration of household water services to eligible disconnected homes
  • Reduction of arrearages (overdue water bills)
  • Prevention of service disconnection

Applicants can apply at their region Community Action Agency directly or online using the Joint Energy-Water Assistance Application.

Learn More

Contact Us

Call Center hours are weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Emergency service is available for all other hours including weekends and holidays.

Contact us

Customer Service Live Chat

Complete the captcha below to be directed to our secure chat service.