Project Goals and Objectives
A water main replacement project is scheduled to begin April 15th on Cross St, East Ave, Elizabeth St, and Willow St and is expected to be completed by the end of July. Final paving will then be scheduled in coordination with the City of Bridgeport.
Scope of Work
The project, which will replace approximately 3165 feet of water main, is part of an ongoing program to improve Aquarion’s water distribution system and to ensure the highest quality water. The upgrades will also help to
reduce leaks and water main breaks that can cause service interruptions. Due to construction, customers should expect minor traffic delays and possible detours during the working hours of 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Construction to begin April 2021
- Completion by the end of July
- Restoration and final paving will follow in coordination with the City of Bridgeport
- Contractor: Burns Construction Co., Anthony Divirgilio, (203) 395-1383, ext.107
- Engineer/Inspector: Sargis Associates, Chuck Madigan, (860) 461-1544
- Aquarion Project Manager: Mark McCaffrey, (203) 362-3070